Financial Planner Profile
James Chen FPA®
Senior Financial Planner-Nationwide Financial
My name is James Chen and I am one of the financial planners at the Nationwide Financial team.
I am a fully qualified financial adviser and have been in the industry for more than 10 years with experience across both boutique firms and major banks. I enjoy what I do because I genuinely get a sense of achievement when I am able to help people to achieve their goals and put them in a better financial position.
Personally, I am married with a young family which keeps me busy at home and when I am not at work, I enjoy playing sport and cycling with my kids.
- Masters of Commerce- Macquarie University
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- Batchelor’s Degree of Medical Science.
- Member of the FPA
What to Expect When We First Meet
The 3 major benefits I promise my advice will deliver are:
1. Making my clients financially better off
2. Providing complete peace of mind
3. Delivering life changing outcomes
What will take place during the appointment?
The appointment will last approximately two hours, and will cover the following:
An introduction to our service
A discussion of your lifestyle and financial goals and how we can work together to achieve these goals
A review of your personal and financial situation
Agreement as to the next steps to be taken
What to bring to the meeting:
In preparation for your Initial meeting I have included the following items in preparation for your meeting:
- Financial Services Guide Part 1 to retain for your records
- Adviser Profile to retain for your records
- Acknowledgement of FSG Part 1 & 2 to be signed and returned
Please also bring:
Your latest tax return
Investment statements (including share statements)
Details of insurance policies
Details of Wills & Power of Attorneys’
A Budget (attached below)– This provides insight into your disposable income and is an important part of the Financial Planning Process
How are we different?
- We are a family-owned business, so we understand your needs and expectations. We are like you.
- We rely on the trust of our clients and wish to foster ongoing relationships.
- We are down to earth and can understand both your personal circumstances and the impact of local issues.
- We are part of the local community and are involved in sporting and community groups.
- In addition to our common-sense approach, it’s our advice philosophy and process combined with our high level of service.
“In acting as the core adviser my job is NOT to tell my clients what to do but rather listen to what they want for their future and then work TOGETHER to create a plan to help them get there.”
Financial Planning Services:
- Personal Superannuation advice
- Self Managed Super Funds
- Wealth Management & Non-Super Investment advice
- Personal Protection (Life, Total & Permanent Disablement, Trauma & Income Protection covers)
- Business Life Insurance (Key Person, Business Expenses, Buy/Sell)
- Taking a redundancy
- Family matters
- Gearing advice through Margin Lending strategies
- Debt Management
- Estate Planning
- Cash Flow Management
- Pre Retirement and Retirement Planning
- Centrelink Benefit Strategies
- Estate planning
- Relationship breakdown