Financial Planner Profile
Greg Newton CFP™
Principal & Financial Planner-Pathway Wealth Solution
Greg Newton has been in the financial services industry for over 25 years and is the principal of Pathway Wealth Solutions.
He is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, the highest designation available in financial planning and a member of the FPA.
Greg has attained a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of Newcastle and the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning. He is also a Specialist SMSF Adviser having achieved this accreditation from the SMSF Association (SMSFA).
Greg has undertaken further study and has attained SMSF Specialist Adviser status with the Self Managed Superannuation Fund Assoc. (SMSFA). Further specialist courses allow Greg to advise on ASX Listed Securities and Margin Lending.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- SMSF Specialist
What to Expect When We First Meet?
Some of our clients say that it’s like meeting a friend who actually knows what they’re talking about when it comes to financial matters
The 3 major benefits I promise my advice will deliver are:
1. Making my clients financially better off
2. Providing complete peace of mind
3. Delivering life-changing outcomes
What to bring to the meeting:
In order to have a most effective conversation please review the documents attached below like my Financial Service Guide, the 8- steps and Pathway Wealth Document.
Please bring along the following documents:
- Superannuation statement
- Investment portfolio statement
- Details of your assets, liabilities, income and expenses.
- Details of your personal risk insurance
- Details of your existing estate planning arrangement
- Any other financial or non-financial information that may be helpful in understanding your current situation
How are we different?
We take the time to understand where our prospective clients are at & what they’re focused on. We like to move at the client’s pace not ours, with you the client in control of the process each step of the way.
After our initial free consultation, we usually include a Strategy Meeting. While this meeting comes at a cost, this allows us to demonstrate that we have listened to you, clarified your needs and you can see how our proposed strategies will assist you in achieving your goals. It also allows us to make any small changes before we move forward to the preparation of your Financial Plan (formally known as a Statement of Advice). And of course, the cost of the Strategy Paper will be rebated of any Advice & Implementation fee we agree upon.
Many of our peers want you to skip this Strategy Meeting step and rush straight to the Statement of Advice phase. Mainly because it suits their business model more than it suits your desire to see the value a real financial planner brings before you commit big dollars to a process you may never have experienced before.
- We are a family-owned business, so we understand your needs and expectations. We are like you.
- We rely on the trust of our clients and wish to foster ongoing relationships.
- We are down to earth and can understand both your personal circumstances and the impact of local issues.
- We are part of the local community and are involved in sporting and community groups.
- In addition to our common-sense approach, it’s our advice philosophy and process combined with our high level of service.
Greg spends much of his spare time giving back to his local community with his numerous roles within surf lifesaving on the Central Coast. He’s currently President of his local surf lifesaving club, a Patrol Captain and active patrolling member, as well as being a past member of the Rescue Water Craft (Jetski) Team.
He has two adult children who have both gone into the teaching profession & two grandkids.
“In acting as the core adviser my job is NOT to tell my clients what to do but rather listen to what they want for their future and then work TOGETHER to create a plan to help them get there.”
Financial Planning Services:
- Personal Superannuation advice
- Self Managed Super Funds
- Wealth Management & Non-Super Investment advice
- Personal Protection (Life, Total & Permanent Disablement, Trauma & Income Protection covers)
- Business Life Insurance (Key Person, Business Expenses, Buy/Sell)
- Taking a redundancy
- Family matters
- Gearing advice through Margin Lending strategies
- Debt Management
- Estate Planning
- Cash Flow Management
- Pre Retirement and Retirement Planning
- Centrelink Benefit Strategies
- Estate planning
- Relationship breakdown