Financial Planner Profile
Senior Financial Planner and Director
I am a Financial Planner with over 27 years of experience, having entered the world of financial services in 1994.
With the vision to provide holistic financial planning services, a partnership with 3 other like-minded advisers was formed in 1996 under the business name Wealth & Security Planners. Our mission statement was and remains … ”to make and protect money for clients whilst building a sustainable business, honestly, ethically and justly”.
This year we celebrate our 25th year in business under the Wealth & Security Planners banner.
As well as an Adviser, I have a number of roles within the business that includes:
• Compliance Manager
• Director of WSP Pty Ltd
• Director and CEO of the licensee – Australian Financial Directions Pty Ltd
Outside of work, my interests are varied however my family and friends are very important to me and so I try to ensure a balance between family time and work time.
- Graduate Diploma (Investment & Financial Analysis) – Securities Institute of Australia (1997)
- Graduate Diploma (Business) – Curtin University of Technology (1998)
- Margin lending and Geared investments accreditation
- Direct Shares accreditation
- Self Managed Superannuation (SMSF) accreditation
- FASEA accreditation
What to Expect When We First Meet
- Discussion and clarification of your personal aims and financial objective.
- Our services and fees are discussed and the next steps agreed upon
- You are issued with a Financial Services Guide including an Adviser profile.
- No initial cost. If services and information are requested which incur a cost, these are outlined and the authority to incur these costs is obtained beforehand before proceeding.
- No personal financial advice can be provided
What will take place during the appointment?
The appointment will usually last approximately one hour but may run longer, depending on the discussions and agreement to pay any fees this incurs and will cover the following:
An introduction to our service
A discussion of your lifestyle and financial goals and how we can work together to achieve these goals
Agreement as to the next steps to be taken
What to bring to the meeting:
In order to have the most effective conversation during our meeting it will be advantageous but not a necessity to bring along the following documents:
Your latest tax return
Investment statements (including share statements)
Details of insurance policies
Details of Wills & Power of Attorneys’
A Budget – (attached below) – This provides insight into your disposable income and is an important part of the Financial Planning Process
Why Should Clients Use Us?
• Experience– more than 25 years
• Long established business and business model that promotes shared adviser expertise and input for ensuring optimal advice and service
• Non institutionally aligned
• Advice options from single-issue advice, including life insurance, right through to comprehensive advice ie SMSF
• Large range of product solutions available
• Tailored fee options including “one-off” or ongoing fee arrangements
• Ancillary service access
“To make and protect money for clients whilst building a sustainable business, honestly, ethically and justly”
Financial Planning Services:
- Personal Superannuation advice
- Wealth Management & Non-Super Investment advice
- Personal Protection (Life, Total & Permanent Disablement, Trauma & Income Protection covers)
- Business Life Insurance (Key Person, Business Expenses, Buy/Sell)
- Taking a redundancy
- Family matters
- Gearing advice through Margin Lending strategies
- Debt Management
- Estate Planning
- Cash Flow Management
- Pre Retirement and Retirement Planning
- Centrelink Benefit Strategies
- Estate planning
- Relationship breakdown